Aadhaar Card, issued by the Indian government, is a 12-digit unique identification number that holds significant importance for Indian citizens, serving as both proof of identity and address. However, in recent years, there has been a growing interest among Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) in acquiring Aadhaar cards. To cater to their needs, this article presents a comprehensive guide to Aadhaar cards for NRIs, encompassing all essential information they should be aware of.
Eligibility for Aadhaar Card:
NRIs are eligible to apply for an Aadhaar card if they have lived in India for at least 182 days in the 12 months prior to the date of application. This means that NRIs who have returned to India for a long-term stay can apply for an Aadhaar card.
Consult CA Arun Tiwari for more info at 📞 8080088288 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NRIs can apply for an Aadhaar card by visiting the nearest Aadhaar enrolment center. They need to carry the necessary documents, such as a passport, proof of address, and proof of identity. In addition to these documents, NRIs also need to provide a biometric scan, which includes fingerprints and iris scans.
The following documents are required for NRIs to apply for an Aadhaar card:
- Proof of address, such as a bank statement, utility bill, or rental agreement
- Proof of identity, such as a passport, driving license, or PAN card
- Biometric scan, which includes fingerprints and iris scans
Once the authorities process the application, they will provide NRIs with an acknowledgment slip that contains the enrolment number. They can use this enrolment number to track the status of their Aadhaar card.
Benefits of Aadhaar Card for NRIs:
- Proof of identity and address: NRIs can use an Aadhaar card as proof of identity and address for various purposes, such as opening bank accounts, applying for SIM cards, and more.
- Online services: Aadhaar card holders can access various online services, such as Aadhaar-based authentication, e-KYC, and more.
- Investment: NRIs can use an Aadhaar card as proof of identity to make investments in India.
- Taxation: NRIs can use an Aadhaar card to file income tax returns and claim tax refunds.
The Aadhaar card serves as a valuable document for NRIs who have returned to India for a long-term stay, providing them with proof of identity and address required for numerous purposes. To obtain an Aadhaar card, NRIs can conveniently apply by visiting the nearest enrolment center and submitting the necessary documents along with their biometric scans. Once acquired, this card enables NRIs to seamlessly access a wide range of online services, engage in investments, and effortlessly file tax returns in India. The Complete Guide to Aadhaar Card for NRIs encompasses these essential steps and benefits, ensuring NRIs are well-informed about the process and advantages of obtaining an Aadhaar card.