What is the Profession Tax?
Professional Tax is a State level Tax on Professions or Employment. Profession Tax Registration Applicability Profession tax is applicable both on Individuals and organizations (Proprietorship, Partnership, Companies, Hindu Undivided Family, Societies, etc.)
Type of Profession Tax Registration
1) Registration of Individual, Professionals, and Companies: Every person doing any business or profession is liable to obtain a Certificate of Enrollment from the Profession Tax Authority. Once this certificate is obtained a person is liable to pay Profession Tax.
2) Registration of PT on behalf of employees: An employer organization is required to get registered and take the profession tax number (PTRC). PTRC gives power to the company to deduct Professional tax from the Employee’s salary and paid it same to the Government.
Online Professional Tax Registration Procedure:
- Professional Tax Registration: We can assist you in getting professional tax registration in 5 to 10 working days.
- Application Preparation: your business will be assessed by our Our Professional Tax Expert
- Application Filing: professional tax application is submitted t by an experienced our expert within 2 Working Days in the relevant department of the state.
- Registration: Application after the screening, will be completed. If all is ok, professional tax registration will be given.
Documents Needed for Professional Tax Registration:
- Address proof( Latest Electricity Bill, Aadhar, Pan Card, Voter id card and more) of proprietor/director/partner
- Passport size photo
- Partnership deed in case of partnership firm
- Copy of VAT RC
Benefits of Professional Tax Registration
- Don’t have to face the IRS alone.
- Reduce your overall balance
- Don’t lose your home or other property.
- Don’t get your bank account is levied.
- Avoid an IRS wage garnishment.
- Settling down outstanding tax debt for much less amount.
- Get caught up on past returns.
The rate of Profession Tax and Exemptions
As Profession Tax is a State Govt. tax rate and other provisions change state to state. For example in Maharashtra PT rate are fixed to 2500 per entity except in case of an employee drawing salary less than 10000 per month where it Rs.2000 per year,
To understand the Profession Tax provision of your state contacts us at 8080809061.
Exemptions to Profession Tax: – Certain class of entity and individual are exempt from payment of profession tax. For example in Maharashtra for Sr. Citizen Profession Tax is exempt.
Maximum Profession tax limit:- As per the amendment in 1988 PT maximum limit for one entity is fixed to 2500, However many states are perusing Parliament to increase it to Rs 7500,
Keep watching here to get the update
No Double profession tax:- This is a frequently asked question that if a person is working as a salaried person and also running a proprietorship.
Does he need to register at both the places and pay taxes twice?
The answer is No, provided his employer and his business firm both are located in the same state similarly if a person is a director in more than one company and all those companies are located in a state he needs to pay profession tax once.
4 thoughts on “Apply for Profession Tax Registration Online with AKT Associates”
Very informative article with tons of knowledge. Thanks for sharing!
Hi your blog is soo good.. if u need any Professional Tax Registration Chennai please contact us 91 7401565656