Before or on starting a new Business or Shops or establishments has to comply with certain rules and regulations framed by the particular government. Gumasta license was one of the legal compliance that a business has to comply to establish a shop or business. This article deals about all the legal compliances relating to registration under shops and establishment act.
Gumasta License is Compulsory ( Municipal corporation of Mumbai)
Gumasta license is nothing but a mandatory permission or Registration or a certificate providing an authority to do business activities or to establish any kind of shop, hotel or any commercial business in the state of Maharashtra.
Gumasta license is governed by the Municipal Corporation of Mumbai under Mumbai shops and establishment act.
Cost to obtain Gumasta License
Its vary upon Trade or Profession to profession, it is almost Rs 3000 and depends upon the nature of Trade.
Required Documents and Information
To get registered under shops and establishment act, one must require the following documents and information stated below
- Name of the Employer or Entrepreneur or owner of the shop or establishment.
- Identity proof of the employer or owner or entrepreneurs such as Aadhaar card, voter id, pan card or any such identity proof valid under shops and establishment act.
- Address proof of the employer or owner or entrepreneurs such as Aadhaar card, voter id, or any such address proof valid under shops and establishment act
- Proof of ownership of shop and establishment such as electricity bill, municipal tax, property tax, rental agreement, or any other proof valid under shops and establishment act.
- Application form (Form –A), which is required to be filled for registration.
- Name of the Shop or business Establishment
- Type of Business Activity carried on the proposed shop or Business Establishment
- Address proof of the Shop or business Establishment
- Recent Photo Copies of the Entrepreneur or owner of the Shop or Business Establishment
- And Few other Information and Documents as required necessary for the registration under shop and establishment act.
Registration under the Shops and Establishment Act
Registration under Shops and Establishment Act shall be done by both offline and online methods
Offline procedure for Registration
The required application form has to be filled in the provided format and the same has to be submitted to the respective inspector of the area or zone or place.
The application form has to be accompanied by the required documents which have been specified above.
Submit the Documents to the shop license department of the municipal corporation along with the applicable fees.
After successful submission and duly verified by the respective authority or officer, they provide a registration certificate to the employer.
Online Procedure for Registration
Online Registration shall be done by visiting the official website of Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai
Fill the form under shops and establishment act and the same shall be submitted to the concerned department
On submission, a challan a number shall be generated and to get the UTN number the required fees shall be paid.
The Form should be printed and submitted to the Shop License Dept. of Municipal Corporation accompanying all the required documents;
After verifying the documents and information provided by the concerned officer or authority, Shop Licence will be provided.
If required the concerned officer shall visit the shop and establishment provided in the application.
Note: the application should be submitted to the concerned authority or area inspector within 30days from the date of starting a business.
Advantages of Gumasta License
- The Entity registered under Shops and Establishment act becomes eligible for all the benefits and tax subsidies that are offered by the state government.
- On registering under Shops and Establishment act entity gets legal identification.
- The Gumasta license serves as a proof for Business Identification and thus helps to open a Business Bank Account such as current accounts