Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA)
Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) is a gateway to all services, guidance, and other corporate affairs related information. MCA is mainly focussed with the administration of the Companies Act 2013, the Companies Act 1956, the Limited Liability Partnership Act (LLP), 2008 & other allied Acts and rules & regulations framed there-under mainly for regulating the functioning of the company or corporate sector in accordance with law and regulations.
MCA holds the details and information relating to all the companies incorporated in India. MCA is a medium where the information relating to companies and Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) can be accessed publically which were published online.
Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) provides various services like company/LLP Incorporation, DSC Services, e-filing and many more services related to companies, LLP, etc.., checking the registration status of the company is one of the services provided by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) portal.
Steps for Checking the registration status with MCA
- Step-1: Visit the Official website of the MCA Portal i.e., http://www.mca.gov.in/ in order to access the portal
- Step-2: After Visiting the MCA Portal home page, click the “MCA SERVICES” tab . on clicking the tab a drop-down list will appear showing various services options provided by the MCA portal.
- Step-3: In that drop-down list, under the group “Master Data” select “View Company or LLP Master Data” .
- Step-4: After selecting “View Company or LLP Master Data” tab you will be automatically redirected to a page which requires “Company Name/LLP Name” and “Company CIN/FCRN/LLPIN/FLLPIN”.
- Step-5: Enter Corporate Identity Number (CIN) and enter captcha then click submit button. If you don’t know the CIN number you can also submit by entering the Company name or LLP name in the required fields.
After successful submission of the required information as specified above, a new page will be opened having the following information’s
Company/LLP Master Data
- CIN/LLPIN/ FCRN/ FLIPPIN
- Company or LLP Name.
- ROC Code
- Registration Number
- Company Category (whether company limited by shares or guarantee)
- Company Sub-Category (whether it is a government company or private company)
- Class of Company
- The authorized capital of the company
- Paid-up capital of the company
- No of Members (applies to the company without share capital)
- Date of incorporation
- Registration address
- Other than Registered address where accounts and books are maintained
- E-mail id of the company
- Status of the company (whether listed or not)
- Active compliance
- Information relating to suspension at the stock exchange
- Date of last annual general meeting
- Date of Balance sheet
- Company status. (whether active or not)
- Assets undercharge
- Charge Amount
- Date of Creation
- Date of Modification
- Status (whether closed or open)
Details of Director or Signatory
- DIN/PAN Number
- Name of the Director
- Director’s Begin Date and End Date
- Information relating to DIN Surrender.
Note: The above information can also be printed or can be exported to excel.