Director’s Identification Number (DIN)
Director’s Identification Number is an 8 digit unique code issued by the central government by making an application in a specified form and with required supporting documents with MCA. DIN is required for the persons who are directors or intended to become a director of a company.
As per the notification dated 5th July 2018 by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs of India, the central government has amended the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules,2014 by inserting a new rule.no.12A.
As per Rule.no.12A of the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules,2014, every person for whom Director Identification Number (DIN) has been allotted as on 31st of March of a financial year has to file a e-form DIR-3-eKYC to the central government on or before 30th April of the year immediately succeeding the financial year.
As per Rule.no.12A of the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules,2014, every person who holds Director Identification Number (DIN) as at 31st of March 2018, then such person is required to file an e-form DIR-3-eKYC to the central government before 15th September 2018.
Director Identification Number (DIN) was deactivated for the persons who have not filed e-form DIR-3-eKYC within the date of 15th September 2018, And their Director Identification Number (DIN) shall be re-activated only after submitting the e-form DIR-3-eKYC along with the along with fee as prescribed under Companies (Registration Offices and Fees) Rules, 2014. However, the persons who didn’t file e-form DIR-3-eKYC has filed with a fee of Rs.500/- from 21st September 2018 to till the date of 5th October 2018 to reactivate their DIN. From on 6th October the fee levied was Rs.5000/- for reactivation of their DIN. Existing DIN holders whose DIN has been deactivated due to non-filing of DIR-3 eKYC can reactivate by filing DIR-3 along with the fee specified above.
As per the notification dated 25th July 2019, the date for submitting e-form DIR-3 to the central government for the financial year shall be 30th September of immediately succeeding in the financial year.
DIR-3 KYC Web
As per the MCA notification, web form DIR-3 KYC WEB has been introduced to the persons who have already filled e-form DIR-3-eKYC in any previous year and there are no updates in that information provided in the form.
Details and Documents required for e-form DIR-3 KYC
Following are the Details and Documents required for filing e-form DIR-3 KYC
- DIN (Directors Identification Number)
- Name as per PAN Card
- Father Name as per PAN Card
- Nationality of the Director
- Residential Status of the Director
- Date of birth as per PAN
- Email Id
- Mobile Number
- PAN Details
- Permanent/present residential address
- Aadhaar Id/ Voter Id/ Passport/ Driving License
- Document to be attached for proof of Identity
- Document to be attached for proof of Address
- Passport is mandatory in the case of foreign nationals.
- Affixation of Digital signature certificate of the applicant
- Affixation of Digital signature Certification from the practicing Chartered Accountant or from the practicing Company Secretary or from the practicing Cost Accountant.
Procedure for applying e-form DIR-3
- Fill the above-listed details and information’s in the required Fields of the e-form.
- Attach the documents to the e-form for proof of identity and for proof of Address and Optimal Attachments if any
- The e-form should be digitally signed by the applicant
- The e-form should be digitally signed by the practicing Chartered Accountant or by the practicing Company Secretary or by the practicing Cost Accountant
- Click the pre scrutiny option
- After successful pre scrutiny, save the form and click the send OTP option, OTP will be generated and sent to Mobile number and email id and Valid for 30 minutes.
- After successfully submitting the form SRN number will be generated for future communication with the MCA.
- A form acknowledging the receipt of approval will be sent to the Registered email id of the applicant.
The due date for DIR-3 KYC for F.Y.2018-19
The due date for submitting the e-form for the F.Y.2018-19 shall be 30th September 2019, as per the recent Notification dated 30th September 2019 the due date for the financial year ending on 31st March 2019 has been extended up to 14th October 2019.
A fee of Rs.5000/- shall be payable on submitting the e-form DIR 3 after the due date.